When approaching Kanium in Arma 3, people sometimes have questions and we don’t like questions (joking), so we try to preempt the most common ones by providing some answers to them below.
What in-game communication does Kanium use ?
We use Task Force Arrowhead Radio (aka Task Force Radio; aka TFAR) connected through Teamspeak.
In-game communication frequencies
- SR: Armoured – Ch.1 – 100 MHz
- SR: Dismounts – Ch.2 – 200 MHz
- LR: Armoured and IFV – Ch.1 – 50 MHz
- LR: Spotter / Observer – Ch.2 – 55 MHz
- LR: JATAC / Aircraft – Ch.3 – 60 MHz
Do Kanium have a standard gear load-outs ?
Yes, listed here is the standard loadout for all players.
- Uniform: G3 Uniform (m81)
- Weapons: Any rifles and auto rifles which have 5.56mm ammo
- Ammo: 10 Mag, 10 40mm HE (Team- and Squad-Leaders) 2x M63 Frag, 2x White Smoke
- Medical supplies: 3x first aid kits
- All personnel will carry PRC 152 short range radio
- All personnel will carry GPS, Watch, Map & Compass
- Team- and Squad-Leaders will carry long-range radio PRC-1523G ASIP
How do Kanium Arma players keep in touch ?
Keep an eye on the Arma 3 group on both the Kanium web-site and the Kanium forum. Here you will see discussions and details of upcoming events and games.
We also have a Steam Group – Kanium ARMA – which you are welcome to join, and we would invite you to send a Steam FRIEND request to one of the existing Arma players. This makes it easy to find our game servers when joining a game.
There is also a Kanium Arma 3 Unit which you can join (the link is in the Basic Info tab above) – your reward for this is you get to wear the cool Kanium Team Patch in Arma games !
At this time we do not have a dedicated server, but we do ensure game servers are up and running before the scheduled time to give you time to check you have the latest mod list and your character is equipped for the mission.
Can I Drive / Gun / Command a tank ?
Our games are based on combined-arms teams – i.e. we include a Tank unit and Mechanised Infantry Teams. Please be aware that the number of vehicles is limited and you may end-up multi-crewing some vehicles.
When we post the mission schedule details on the Kanium Forum, that will include a manning list. Please reply to the post and ask for a position in a vehicle before the scheduled date of the event – if you join at the last minute without notice, you may find the choice of vehicle crew slots is limited (but we will always strive to find you a position in the game).